Our volunteers are the heart and soul of Pug Squad. They do it all—from writing blog posts to planning events to transporting rescue pugs to their foster homes. We have roles big and small, so whether you can give thirty minutes a week or two hours a day, we’d love to have you on the Squad.
There are many ways to give your time to help pugs in need:
- Event planning: Help plan fundraising events in the tri-state area to raise money for our rescue partners. If you don’t have time to help during the planning process, we can always use volunteers to pitch in at the event itself.
- Fundraising: Join our fundraising team and help coordinate online fundraisers and Facebook auctions. Help secure donated auction items, recruit participants, thank donors, and make connections. Since we rely solely on donations to fund our programs, we are always open to ideas for new fundraising opportunities. Fundraising volunteer work can be done remotely!
- Transport: Help drive pugs from shelters or surrendering owners to their fosters or forever homes. Trips are usually about an hour each way.
- Social media: Share our posts and generate interest and engagement with Pug Squad on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We cover a variety of topics, including pug health, lifestyle, and homemade dog snackies. Social media volunteer work can be done anywhere!
- Writing and blogging: We need writers to create interesting content for our blog and newsletter. If you’re a writer, or a wannabe writer, let us know! This is a great way to get involved remotely.
- Volunteer recruiting: If outreach is your thing, join our volunteer team and help us connect people to life-changing volunteer opportunities. You don’t have to live in the tri-state area to recruit volunteers. We’re looking for dedicated local volunteers in the tri-state area and virtual volunteers from across the US!